It's just a caml.
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Monday, December 1, 2014
Monday, November 24, 2014
Friday, November 21, 2014
Aunika's Flat Freddy visited her cousins Karlee and Sierra in rural northern Wisconsin. Karlee and Sierra are in Clear Lake Wisconsin which is a town of about 1,000 people. Pretty small compared to St. Louis. Right now all the farmers here in Wisconsin are harvesting their crops – corn and hay – before winter arrives. We are supposed to have snow the end of the week.
He arrived just in time to go trick or treating with Sierra who wanted to dress up as Esmeralda from Hunchback of Notre Dame. Flat Freddy will drive the 600 miles with us back to St. Louis/Aunika for Thanksgiving.
We are so glad Flat Freddy came to visit us!
Do the farmers grow pumpkins and melons?
Does Aunt Nettie live on a farm? Aunika says that they do not live on a farm. They live in the small town.
Thursday, October 23, 2014
Thursday, October 16, 2014
1) My name is Nancy. I am Hannah's aunt. I live in Lawrence, Kansas.
Lawrence is about 275 to 300 miles from St. Louis.
2) Lawrence, Kansas has 2 Universities. One is the University of Kansas (Rock Chalk Jayhawk Go KU) and Haskell Native American University. These colleges bring students from all over the United States and the world which makes our town unique and interesting.
3) Most of the state of Kansas is flat. Wheat and corn are common crops. However Lawrence, Kansas has several hills. The state flower is the sunflower.
4) I like living in a college town due to the sports and the people. KU basketball is my favorite!
5) PICTURE: My 7 year old friend is named Ella. She goes to school here. Her favorite subject is math and she likes to eat ice cream. I know that Hannah likes ice cream as well. Flat Stanley also enjoyed this treat.
6) PICTURE: Some of you may have seen the movie the Wizard of Oz. The Jayhawk in the picture has on ruby red slippers, an emerald eye, a yellow brick road beak, a hat like the tin man, and straw like the scarecrow.
Where is the lion part on the Jayhawk?
We looked at another picture and found it on the head (the neck and mane).
This picture is from the Lawrence Journal-World.
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Friday, September 26, 2014
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
It is a flower that is yellow.
We are working really hard to dig a hole so the plants can live.
They were trying to get the plants out of the boxes.
We are digging and giving the plants plant food.
We planted a lot of zinnias.
These are the trimmed plants because they weren't connected to the roots.
Someone held the lily.
We have beautiful flowers in our garden now.
Friday, September 5, 2014
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
It was the funniest play in the world. It helped us learn about cleaning our teeth. Brush your teeth twice a day. It helps us prevent cavities. The wizard had a sculpture of huge clean teeth. Plaque-man was scared by a giant toothbrush. Plaque-man was scared of teeth that are clean. Plaque-man was scared of brushing his teeth. Plaque-man was scared of mouthwash. Plaque-man was scared of the floss. The wizard thought it was good when the cavities were washed off. Plaque-man was covered in plaque, and he liked the smell of plaque. The wizard didn't like plaque. Plaque-man took plaque from himself and put it on the teeth. The wizard liked clean teeth. Plaque-man liked plaque on his teeth. Plaque-man was funny. Plaque-man liked sweets. He wanted to make a plaque sandwich. The wizard was good. He liked healthy food. The wizard was funny too. The play was awesome.
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Sunday, May 25, 2014
Monday, May 19, 2014
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Monday, May 12, 2014
I visited the city of Naples in the state of Florida, USA for Spring Break with my family. Naples, FL is a beach community near the city of Ft. Meyers, FL and has a population of 21,653 people (but it seemed like a lot more with all of the people there on Spring Break!) Since Naples is 1200 miles from St. Louis, we flew there on an airplane, which took about 2 1/2 hours. Naples is a beautiful city and got it's name from the people who founded it in the late 1800's, who said that it resembled the bay of Naples, Italy.
Florida is not close to Italy.
Italy is a place where they have lots of pizza.
Where is Italy? (Italy is in Europe.)
Italy looks like a boot on a map.
Do people in Florida speak Spanish? (Some people do speak Spanish. Everyone usually speaks English there.)