Here are responses we received from Springfield, IL (per great aunt, Sr. Corinne)...
1. What is your community like? It is quiet and peaceful (except for a barking dog next door and passenger/freight trains that pass through town).
2. Is it big or small? It is "medium-sized"...a nice, residential community.
3. Country or city? It's near the city.
4. Near or far from St. Louis? It's 100 miles from St. Louis
5. What state? Illinois
6. What country? U.S.A.
7. Important about community? People get along and help each other.
8. Interesting about community? All the things about Abe Lincoln because he lived and worked here.