Today when we went to recess, we noticed that they were working on our sidewalks. So we took a few minutes to learn about concrete.
1. It will take 3 hours to dry and a day before people can walk on it.
2. They use a special tool to make lines in the concrete called a groover.
3. They have to wear special boots so it doesn't stick to their feet.
4. They use a piece wood to keep the concrete from getting in the grass. (It's called a form.)
5. They use a Bobcat to move concrete.
6. The cement truck mixes the cement.
7. They smoothed it out with a float.
8. Mr. Dubberke told us information about concrete.
It was pretty exciting to watch something completely different than usual. It was incredible.